Friday, December 21, 2007

New Orleans Bowl Review

Gotta be happy with this one. Memphis actually took the lead like I thought they would, but their dreadful special teams caught up with them as they got a crucial punt blocked, followed by a Jason Harmon TD grab.

Don't wanna say I told you so, but I told you so.

Memphis never had a chance in this one once Hankins went down, Will Hudgins is awful. I don't know how he even beat Marshall.

MY GRADE:

UNDER THE RADAR- Not so hot here, Maurice Jones got hurt after his first and only catch of 5 yards and never came back, far underachieving my 100+ and a touch expectations.
Acevado had a decent game, but no picks and only a handful of tackles, mostly downfield and not in the box where it mattered.
D-

MVP- TE Jason Harmon had 7 catches for 97 yards and a touch. Not quite the 11r 140y 2td (26 fantasy points, receptions SHOULD count for at least .5 points as far as I'm concerned) week I predicted, but he did lead them in receiving yards like I thought. Smith did an excellent job spreading the ball around all night (especially early on, 3 of his first 4td passes were to backs) and defiantly earned MVP honors.
B

FINAL SCORE-
Prediction: Florida Atl 42, Memphis 38
Actual: Florida Atl, 44 Memphis 27
(Got the outcome right, Hankins injury hurt Memphis alot)
A-

OVERALL GRADE: B+ (extra credit for the blocked punt call)

FOR BOWL SEASON-
Straight Up: 2-0
Against the Spread: 1-1
Over/Under: 1-1

No comments: